It's easy to participate. You will have to...
★have a friend who lives in a foreign country
★send items that I've prepared already to this friend
★this project doesn't have a particular time limit
(but I'm planning to make a work from this project between Oct 2011~ January 2012 in Japan)

3.2.11

Reasons behind the project 01

I was collecting used tea bags during the Autumn term.
Because I thought I can use a used tea bag as a material to make a work.
And also I wanted to establish a relationship between Japan and the UK. I chose 'Tea' as a key to consider in my work. Because tea is from Asia. At the beginning I was interested in the amount of used tea bags, Because they represent British and Britain. But I reconsidered about collecting used tea bags again. And I realized that the important thing in the process was the collecting of the used tea bags. I got  those tea bags from SU bar and English school and my housemates. 
It means there is a cooperator. And also it means I ask or communicate with someone to give me used tea bags. Now I see how important all this was, before taking my next step which is that I got an idea to develop links of communication.

It is generally called mail art(postal project). 

I thought of  sending  a used tea bag as it is. But it doesn't have enough space if I want to get some message on it. So I thought of making paper from used tea bags. Making paper is quite a usual activity in Japan. And also paper is from Asia too.
 I hope I get some thing unpredictable because it is could be fun.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿